After using Evernote for 14 months, I finally asked some colleagues if it was possible to search for the checkmark boxes in a note. It turns out that, and some amazing things are very easy. Here’s the tip of the iceberg, and some links to more tips and the programmers documention with more details.
- How to get your Kindle highlights into Evernote
- search Evernote for unchecked boxes with “todo:false” You can tell you got it right because the small "Viewed … " text to changes to show “with todo filters Unfinished.” “todo:true:* will find the notes with checked boxes.
- search of resource:image/* will find notes with images in them.
- Right clicking text lets you encrypt it if you want, complete with pass phrase. Then you can search “encryption: to find notes with encrypted text.
- http://nerdgap.com/31-evernote-tricks-for-newbies-who-want-to-be-ninjas/ has some very useful searches.
- http://evernote.tumblr.com/ – I particularly like the tip using screenshots of complicated settings screens, for future reference.
- Evernote Resources You May Not Know About
- Evernote API Overview – Search Grammar is where we found the checkmarks search.
- Taggy for Evernote Taggy makes your Evernote tags function as you want them to: hierarchically.
- A Google search on “Evernote tricks” will find a lot more.