I’m looking for a database program to keep track of my contacts, meetings, and to be a “tickler” system to remind me of various due dates. Is th
Outlook is pretty good. :) Actually, I’ve not seen anything that I like better than Outlook (in an Exchange environment). And it syncs to just about every device. I’d love to hear of something better at task management though!
hmm…that’s a thought. Simple and cheap. What about Access or Bento? Anyone out there use either one?
what about Evernote? Has anyone tried this before? http://www.evernote.com/about/home.php
Google Apps ecosystem can do such, Gmail and Google Calendar. Two www.LearnIT.ucla.edu modules on the topic covering things as:
- Navigating through daily, weekly, and monthly calendars and agendas
- Creating and editing various types of events
- Setting up notifications for events through email, pop-up, or desktop reminders
- Creating shared calendars for teams, events, and resources
- Viewing a holiday calendar or a co-worker’s schedule
- Customizing a calendar’s look and feel
- Managing calendar privacy
- Managing Contacts
- Navigating the Contact Manager
- Importing and exporting contacts
- Creating and editing contacts
- Creating personal distribution lists
- Searching your contacts Tying these to a smartphone app, such as an Android, would better allow “tickling”.
The two modules:
- Gmail Essential Training, http://www.lynda.com/Gmail-tutorials/Essential-Training/77961-2.html
- Google Calendar Essential Training, http://www.lynda.com/Google-Calendar-tutorials/Essential-Training/77959-2.html