Verizon's Annual Data Breach Investigations Report
A dramatic increase in attacks by outside parties. Breaches fueled by monetary gain. Hacking and malware threats on the rise.
Data breaches continue to plague organizations worldwide, and we continue to analyze them − so you can learn how to avoid becoming a victim. The DBIR series now spans eight years, more than 2,000 breaches, and over 1 billion compromised records. Our goal is to distinguish who the attackers are, how they’re getting in, and the assets they’re targeting.
The more you know, the better you can prepare − and our reports provide insight and clear recommendations for you to follow to face security threats head-on.
- 2013, http://www.verizonenterprise.com/DBIR/2013/
- 2012, http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2012/03/22/2012-data-breach-investigations-report-released/, and http://www.verizonbusiness.com/about/events/2012dbir/index.xml
- 2011, http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2011/04/19/2011-data-breach-investigations-report-released/
- 2010, http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2010/07/28/2010-dbir-released/
- 2009, http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2009/04/15/2009-dbir/
- 2008, http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2008/08/20/do-the-findings-of-the-2008-data-breach-investigations-report-differ-among-industries/ (covers 2004 to 2007), and http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2008/10/02/2008-data-breach-investigations-supplemental-report/