Where can I find scanners on campus?
Scanners and scan services available for faculty and teaching assistants (restriction may apply to department/divisions):
- Center for Digital Humanities – Any Humanities faculty member or TA may reserve time to use the scanning station in the ITC Lab (1041 Public Policy); CDH and each Humanities Administrative Group also have HP digital senders, which convert single or multipage US Letter-size documents into PDFs and email them to any specified email address.
- Life Sciences (see heading “Illustrations – Graphics”) – People in the Life Sciences division have access to the Illustration facility in the Life Sciences building.
- SEASnet – Scanner located at 2684BH
- Social Sciences Computing
- Teaching Enhancement Center – Faculty or other instructors of undergraduate courses are welcome to use the flatbed scanner or slide scanner in Powell 160. An automatic document feeder and optical character recognition (OCR) software is also available.
- CLICC – Anyone with an UCLA ID and password can use the CLICC computers. There are four (4) scanners in the Lab in 145 Powell Library Building, all have OCR software; two (2) scanners are located in 320C Powell Library Building connected to Mac desktops. There is also a PDF sender where any student can scan in their document and have it emailed to them as a PDF file. Scanning services at CLICC are free.