Configuring the UCLA Proxy Server on an iPad
To configure your iPad to use the UCLA Proxy Server when at home,
1. Connect your ipad to your current home wireless network
2. Tap on Settings, and tap on Wi-Fi (next to it will have the name of your wireless network)
3. You will see the wireless network you are currently connected to (has a checkmark next to it) plus a signal strength icon, and a blue > button. Tap on this button.
4. You will see a window for this network with a bunch of information; scroll down to the bottom where there is a HTTP Proxy section (which is currently off). Tap on Auto.
5. A URL box will appear. Type in http://proxy.ucla.edu/cgi/proxy
6. Click on the physical Home button on the iPad to exit.
The next time you try to connect to a UCLA restricted online resource, the proxy server page will appear and after providing your UCLA Logon ID and password you will be taken to the resource.