Creating calculation fields in Adobe Acrobat Pro
1. Create the basic form structure in Adobe Acrobat Pro
2. Double-click the location in which you wish to add the calculation. There will be a pop-up box that says “Text Field Properties.”
3. Select the “Calculate” tab. This will convert the field into a calculation field.
4. Enable “Value is the (option) of the following fields” if this field is intended to be the product of other fields. You can choose options between sum, product, average, minimum and maximum.
5. Enable “Simplified Field Notation” if this field is to be a complex calculation using standard math symbols and grouping.
6. Enable the notation, using field names as operands. For example, (Field_1+Field_2)/Field_3
For more information, visit http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/print/how-to-do-not-so-simple-form-calculations
You can also visit www.lynda.com for a vast variety of tutorials and guides to almost all topics and software (Adobe Acrobat included) available. UCLA students, staff, and facult get FREE access to 1538 courses and 85,000 tutorials. Definitely take advantage of this great resource that’s available only to our exclusive UCLA members.