Crosslisting pre-existing courses
DOCUMENTATION BELOW IS OUTDATED FOR MOODLE 2
Please see: https://ccle.ucla.edu/mod/wiki/view.php?pageid=4318
(This article duplcates: http://kb.ucla.edu/articles/how-to-crosslist-two-already-existing-courses-on-ccle)
Below are the steps to crosslist two already existing courses on CCLE
Consider course A and course B as two independent courses on CCLE that need to be crosslisted.
1. In the course A settings page:
- Change the format to UCLA Redirect format.
- Add a ‘c’ at the end of the ‘Short Name’ field (so 08F-PUBPLC100-1 becomes 08F-PUBPLC100-1c).
2. Create a new course, exactly similar to course A, to be the Master.
In the Master course setting page:
- Make sure you make it a meta course.
- The Short Name for this course will be same as that of course A, just without the ‘c’ (e.g. 08F-PUBPLC100-1).
- The Course ID number for this course is ‘08F-Master_xxxxxxxxx’ (SRS from course A).
3. Course format should be CCLE Course.
- Title should be concatenated to describe course A / course B (e.g. Public Policy Lec 1 / Lec 2).
4. Add course A and course B as child courses for the Master.
5. Go to the settings page for course B and change the format to ‘UCLA Redirect format’.
6. Make course A and course B hidden.
7. Change the IEI URL for course B to point to course A (access through https://be.my.ucla.edu/login/directLink.aspx?featureID=105)
What you are doing is creating a meta course and pointing courses A and B to this meta course. The course URL still remains the same as that of course A. The students for course A and course B will be added to the Course Members group of this meta course.
Contact Harsh Desai if you have questions.