Did you know these basic Firefox Tips?
- To quickly find any word in a web page type /word it will highlight the word and press Ctrl+G to â€œFind Againâ€ that word again
- If you wish to remove an item from your Address Bar Drop down menu,
Highlight it without clicking and use Shift+Delete.
- Clear your Download history to make the download manager more
responsive : Tools | Options | Privacy
- Type about:cache?device=disk in your address bar to view/save items
that you have in your firefox disk cache
- Type about:cache?device=memory in your address bar to view/save items
that you have in your Firefox memory cache
- Drag any link to the Download Manager Window to add & download the
- If you accidentally delete a bookmark and want to recover it, open the
â€œBookmarks Managerâ€ and use Ctrl+Z,
or Edit | Undo.
- Double Clicking empty space on the Tab Bar will open a â€˜New Tabâ€™
- Holding down the Ctrl key when you right click
to â€œView Imageâ€ or â€œView Background Imageâ€ will open the image in a New
Tab or New Window.
- A bookmarks Folderâ€™s position can also be Dragged & Dropped but you must hold down
the SHIFT key while Dragging.
- To prevent a website from replacing/changing your rightclick context
menu go to Tools > Options > Web Features then click the â€œadvanced
tabâ€ and de-select â€œremove or replace context menusâ€. Update: go to Tools>Options>content>Advanced on Firefox2
- You can work offline in Firefox just go to File > Work Offline. This
means that you can browse your previously visited pages even when
youâ€™re offline this is a really cool feature but not many people who use it.
- You can bookmark the current page by dragging the icon from the
location bar to your Bookmarks folder. You can also drag it to the
desktop to make an icon for that page.
- To stop animated gifs from moving, press the ESC key.