Eudora Data and Settings Files (Mac)
Eudora has a number of settings files that can be manipulated or deleted to fix problems with the client. In addition the location of the mail data files should always be known to be able to backup or restore mail.
All Eudora files should be located in the following direcotry unless the user manually set the directory:
- Macintosh HD:User:Documents:Eudora Folder
- Eudora Settings/Eudora Settings.bkup: This file contains all the Eudora settings. It can be deleted to reset all settings in Eudora. It also contains the Registration Information that keeps Eudora in Paid Mode. In some cases it is necessary to delete this file in addition to eudora.ini to completely wipe out any corrupt settings.
NOTE: Deleting these files will remove all registration information, and will require all information to be re-entered.
- Eudora Filters: Contains names, extensions, and full filter information.
- Esoteric Settings (pre-6.2.3): This file is located in the extra stuff folder and can be used to add additional settings to be used. To use this file please visit: Changing Ports in Eudora.
- Mail Folder: All Eudora mailbox files are located in the Mail Folder. By default Eudora creates In, Out, Trash, and Junk. These files contain the users mail and should NEVER BE DELETED. If it becomes to necesary to get rid of them, please move them to a separate directory. To make a complete backup you will also wish to backup the Attachments Folder.
Address Book Files
- Eudora Nicknames: Address Book entires are saved in the default Eudora Nicknames file. If you have created additional files, those are kept in the Nicknames Folder.
- Attachments Folder: Incoming attachments are saved in the Attachments folder until you specify another folder using the Attachment directory button in the Attachment Settings. When backing up mail you will want to back this directory as well.