Firefox Extension Check
Mozilla has created a page to detect and verify status of plugins:
- Includes Flash player, Shockware, Java, RealPlayer, Silverlight, and others
(Quoting) The Mozilla Plugin Check page is a general tool for keeping web browser plugins up to date.
Fully supported browsers do the following:
- Gathers every plugin’s metadata and optionally its live data
- Check with the Plugin Directory by mime-type
- Try to match the plugin metadata with information we know about plugins.
- If there is a match, then check to see if the version is outdated or has a security vulnerable.
Although the supported top plugins are a healthy portion of the traffic on the internet, we have a long way to go in terms of covering all plugins.
Additional information about the project: