Free On-line course for research data management: MANTRA
Research Data MANTRA http://datalib.edina.ac.uk/mantra/ is a course designed for PhD students and others who are planning a research project using digital data.
This is a free on-line course for anyone who needs to manage research data including faculty and students.
On completion of this course you will:
- Recognize the importance of good practice in managing research data in general and apply it within your own work context.
- Apply knowledge gained to be able to draw up a data management plan and maintain it throughout the project life.
- Be able to organize and document your data efficiently during the course of your project.
- Be aware of the options available to you to securely store and back up your data.
- Be able to use SPSS, NVivo, R, or ArcGIS for data handling.
The course covers data management, data protection, data storage, security and preservation, and offers tools and solutions for organizing data.