How do I create non-printable PDFs?
If you have Adobe Professional, you can create non-printable pdfs by:
- Open your PDF document.
- Click on Document menu at the top of the page and select Security, then select “Show Security Settings for this Document.”
- A dialog box should open up, click on the Security tab.
- In the Security tab, click on the drop down box at the top and select the “Password Security” option.
- A new dialog box should pop up that reads “Password Security – Settings,” check the Compatibility option and make sure it is set to “Acrobat 5.0 or later.”
- In the Password Security – Settings box, go to the third header titled “Permissions” and check the check box next to “Use a password to restrict printing and editing of the document and its security settings.” Then enter in a password (don’t worry so much about the password, this just means if someone has Adobe Professional and tries to edit the document settings, he/she will be blocked from doing so unless he/she enters in the password). Next under the “Printing Allowed” option, click on the drop down menu and select “None.”
- Once you’re done, hit okay, a window will pop up to re-enter your password to confirm the password.
- Save your file to activate the security settings.