How do you keep up with technology?
This will hopefully grow into a collection of mailing lists, websites, blogs and RSS feeds that campus technologists use to keep up to date. To contribute, post an article about the resource first, then add the link in here. Feel free to add categories below. See the ResourceBuzz article as an example.
Notice that there are two sections: Categorized and By Person. Please add to both.
- First Monday
- N.Y. Times
- The Register
- Electronic Frontier Foundation news
- the Inquirer
- NMC Horizon Report – identifies emerging technology likely to have a significant impact on teaching and learning in higher education.
- Search Engines
- Campus Technology
- EDUPAGE (a service from EDUCAUSE) – nice digest format of educational related news
- Wired Campus – a free daily newsletter from the Chronicle of Higher Education described as “a roundup of news and opinion at the intersection between IT and academe.”
- FLOSS Weekly – Interviews with important people in the Open Source Software community
- This Week in Tech – General show that recaps the past week’s tech news
- Security Now – Discusses recent security risks, as well as general prevention
- MacBreak Weekly – News in the Mac community
- Windows Weekly – News in the Windows community
- net@night – Focuses on interesing web links and tools
- Mike Franks
- Dave Lakatta
- Charles Harvey
- Rex Lorenzo
- Michael Miller
- Jason Fong
- Mike I. Lee (October 2006)
- Carl Uebelhart
- Brian Won
- Aaron Proctor