How to add a link to a Moodle class site
How to add links to outside web sites from within a Moodle class website:
- First, go to either the public or private site for your class, depending on whether or not you want this:
- visible to the whole world, or
- restricted to students enrolled in your class
- In the Adminstration block or in the top right corner, click on the Turn editing on link.
- On the Add a resource… drop-down menu in the Important Links block, choose Link to file or website.
- After the Link to a file or web site page loads, enter the name of the link as you wish it to appear on the class page in the Name textbox, .
- In the Location textbox, enter the full address of the web site to which you want to link. If you do not know the web address, you can use the Search for web page button to locate the page in a browser. Then copy and paste the address into the Location textbox.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the Save changes button.
Adapted from version written by Andrew Miller