How to add reading materials to Moodle
How to add reading materials (PDF documents) to a Moodle class website:
- First, go to either the public or private site for your class, depending on whether or not you want this:
- visible to the whole world, or
- restricted to students enrolled in your class
- In the Adminstration block or in the top right corner, click on the Turn editing on link.
- On the Add a resource… drop-down menu in the Reading Materials block, choose Link to file or website.
- In the Name textbox, enter the name of the file as you wish it to appear on the class page.
- Beneath the Location textbox, click on the Choose or upload a file button.
- In the Files window, select a file from your existing files list by clicking on Choose to the right of the file name , or add a new file as follows:
- Click on the Upload a file button.
- In the next window, click on the Choose file button to browse for a file on your computer.
- Locate the file on your hard drive, and click Choose or Open.
- The name of the selected file should now appear in the Upload a file window. Click on the Upload this file button.
- In the Files window, choose the newly uploaded file by clicking on Choose to the right of the file name.
- After choosing the file, you will return to the Link to a file or web site screen. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the Save changes button.
Adapted from version originally written by Andrew Miller