How to Change 'Topic Outline' on Class Page
This is a description of the location of code that should be changed in order to remove the ‘Topic Outline’ header of the class page a replace it with The class name and info. This information is for Moodle v1.7 found at http://xref.moodle.org. The code pertaining to this issue is consistent with 1.8 (line 105)
The files that need to be changed are:
The first step is to located and/or remove the ‘Topic Outline’ (or corresponding header):
- (Line 81) print_heading_block(get_string(‘topicoutline’), ‘outline’);
- (Line 67) print_heading_block(get_string(‘weeklyoutline’), ‘outline’);
- (Line 96) print_heading_block(get_string(‘weeklyoutline’), ‘outline’);
- (Line 76) print_heading_block(get_string(‘lamsoutline’,‘lams’), ‘outline’);
The next is to move the $thissection declaration further up in the code to the previous location of Header. This is located on the following lines:
- Lines 98-99
- Lines 84-85
- Lines 112-113
- Lines 93-94
The last part is to move the summary division up to the original location of the header (but after the $thissection declaration). Summary division refers to everything inside the <div class=“summary”> block:
- Lines 106-116
- Lines 92-101
- Lines 123-132
- Lines 102-111
After searching the Moodle Forums (moodle.org) I found several posts about this that were less invasive.
- This suggests changing the language settings, however this causes a site wide change and could not be class independant.
- This proposes a CSS method of removal of Topic Outline, but does not give a way to put class info in its place.
- This gives instructions on the exact php changes needed on format.php
- This is a similar solution to the first. It make a site wide change.