How to Change Your Computer Name in Window's XP
Here are the steps to change the name on your computer when you’re using Windows XP
1. Go to “start” menu and click on “control panel”
2. A new window will pop up with different options to select from. Click on “system” to go to system properties.
3. Another window will pop up with different tabs seen at the top of the window. Click on “computer name”
4. Click on “change” and enter the new computer name in the field that says “computer name.”
5. Click “ok” and your computer should be given the new name.