How to crosslist two already existing courses on CCLE
DOCUMENTATION BELOW IS OUTDATED FOR MOODLE 2
Please see: https://ccle.ucla.edu/mod/wiki/view.php?pageid=4318
(This article duplicates: http://kb.ucla.edu/articles/crosslisting-pre-existing-courses)
Below are the steps to crosslist two already existing courses on CCLE
Let’s consider course A and course B as two independent courses on CCLE that need to be crosslisted.
1. In the course A Administration > Settings:
a. Set format to “UCLA Redirect”
b. add a ‘c’ at the end of the ‘Short Name’ field ( so 08F-PUBPLC100-1 becomes 08F-PUBPLC100-1c)
2. Create a new course, exactly similar to course A (let’s call it “master”).
3. In the master course Administration > Settings:
a. Set Fullname (title) to a concatenation that describes course A / course B (eg. Public Policy Lec1 / Lec 2);
b. Set the Short Name for this course to be same as that of course A, just without the ‘c’ ( eg. 08F-PUBPLC100-1 );
c. Set the Course ID number for this course to ‘08F-Master_xxxxxxxxx’ (= srs from course A);
d. Set format to “UCLA Private” format;
e. Set “Is this a meta course?” to Yes.
4. For the master course under Administration > Child courses, add course A and course B as child courses.
5. Go to Administration > Settings for course B and change the format to “UCLA Redirect”.
6. Make course A and course B hidden.
7. Change the IEI URL for course B to point to course A. (This requires special access to cis.ucla.edu/iei).
What you are doing is creating a meta course and pointing courses A and B to this meta course. The course URL still remains the same as that of course A. The students for course A and course B will be added to the course_members group of this Meta course.