Installation of TCP/IP Printer in Windows XP Using the Printer's IP Address
Using the IP address of a printer is one way to set up a printer on your Windows XP computer. You will need to get the ip address of the printer; ask your friendly technical support person for help in getting this information.
- Start → Settings → Printers.
- Double-click on Add Printer & press Next.
- Make sure that the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer is NOT selected. Select Local Printer & press Next.
- If it for a printer with a newly designated IP address, select Create a new port & select Standard TCP/IP port from the type menu, and press Next.
- Type in the IP address of the printer & press OK.
- Select the manufacturer from the left pane & select the model of the printer from the right pane & press Next.
- Name the printer as you like & decide whether this printer is to be the default printer, and press Next.
- Decide whether to share the printer or not, and press Next.
- Decide whether to print a test page or not, and press Next.
- Press Finish to complete the installation.