MS Word Replacing Characters with Line Breaks

You can use the Find and Replace in MS Word to replace any characters with a Line Break or other special characters or properties (i.e. creating a page break, em dash, column break, etc.) by using the Find and Replace with “Special” function.

Microsoft Word has long had the ability to find & replace non-standard and non-displayable characters:

Special characters you can use with Find and Replace in Word


WD: Control Codes to Use with Find and Replace