Plone 4 Tips and Tricks
Back to Table of Contents
Adding a color picker to the toolbar
Plone 4 comes installed with Tiny MCE as the default html editor. It has a WYSIWYG interface with a toolbar at the top. However, you may notice that some basic functions are missing (like a color picker). To activate the color picker, follow these steps.
1. Log in with Site Admin privileges.
2. Go to Site Setup > Tiny MCE Visual Editor > and choose the Toolbar tab at the top.
3. Scroll down until you find the Forecolor checkbox (off by default) and check it and save.
4. Next, go to Html Filtering (site setup).
5. Click the Styles tab and add the tag ‘color’ to permitted styles (Add permitted styles button) and click save.
That’s it! The next time you go to the html editor you will see the color picker icon in the toolbar.