Problems with Moodle non-UCLA Special Cases
This is a list of the problems that we are currently aware of with special case enrollments in Moodle classes where the person does not have a UCLA Login and can log into My.UCLA (use ISIS). And who can add them? Instructors, TAs, Admins?
- they won’t show up in My.UCLA
- Roster (download or view)
- Email to class won’t include them
- BruinCard photo won’t show up in roster
- The drop/unenroll process won’t be the same as for Registrar data-driven enrollments
- May not have access to BOL VPN, which affects:
- Library Electronic Reserves
- Library Licensed Content
- OID Video Furnace
- CLICC Software Shortcut (Citrix) won’t show if they’re not on UCLA IP, give message
- Wireless won’t work
- UCLA Login (ISIS) won’t work (by definition)
- Can’t login to CLICC Labs
Types of Special Cases
- Extension Students (they show up on SRWeb and Rosters, but they show up much later and we’re not sure of their login abilities.
- they can login to CLICC Lab
- not sure about ISIS
- not sure about BOL VPN
- Senior Scholars
- Community Scholars (only SPA)
- student auditors
- guest lecturers
- Rand and other research centers
- Senior Scholars have an agreement with BOL where they can get a BOL ID but what does that mean? Can these BOL IDs be given full privileges. Currently they don’t have UIDs.
- Could Moodle be programmed to accept PPID or UCLA LOGON ID in lieu of UID?
- For instructor to see all students, go to my.ucla gradebook and Moodle Assign Roles, look at Student – UCLA
- Could My.UCLA accept Moodle Special Cases data feed?