Requesting a collaboration site on Moodle (CCLE)
Anyone from a unit that has opted into CCLE and who has a CCLE account (UCLA Logon ID or special-case login) can request a collaboration site on CCLE. If you don’t have a UCLA Logon ID, you can go to https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu to create one.
To request a collaboration site if you DON’T already have an “instructor” or higher role on another CCLE site: email the following information to email@example.com, and someone with administrator access will handle your request:
- your name, your email address, and your home department/unit
- the purpose of the collaboration site you are requesting
- the name you want to call the site
- the name of the person or people who should have “instructor” level permissions to administer the site
To request a collaboration site if you DO already have an “instructor” or higher role on another CCLE site:
- Log into CCLE from http://ccle.ucla.edu (click Login in the upper righthand corner). The login account you use is the one whose email will receive the notification of the site being built.
- Go to http://ccle.ucla.edu/course/request.php. If you don’t have this link handy, you can always get to this request form by clicking on the “Request Collaboration Site” link listed in the Main Menu on the main CCLE landing page (ccle.ucla.edu).
- Scroll to the bottom of the Collaboration Site FAQ section and click on the “Submit Collaboration Site Request” button;
- In the Collaboration Site request screen, enter the required information: Site full name, Site short name, a brief description of the site’s purpose and your reason(s) for wanting to create the site on the CCLE. You don’t need to enter an enrollment key unless you know you’ll need it.
- Click “Request Site.” The system will display a message confirming your request and letting you know when you can expect to receive email notification of the creation of your site. Click “Continue.”
The system returns you to a new, empty course request screen to request another site. If you don’t want to request another site, click the Home button to return to the CCLE portal.
The site request will need approval by someone with system-wide CCLE administrative access and, once approved, will be placed in whatever category they determine to be most appropriate. (Feel free to suggest what category you’d like the site to be listed under when you type your “Reasons for wanting the course” in the course request screen.) The system will email you when the site is approved and built. The email address used is the one associated with whatever CCLE account you used when you make the request.
Note to Sys Admins: Sites requested by the (built-in Moodle) Course Request function appear to those with sitewide administrators access ONLY. To access pending collaboration site requests go to: Administration >
Courses > Add/edit courses > (scroll down and click the button): Courses pending approval.
In some cases, the CCLE Incident Group (CIG) may need to vote on the appropriateness of the site. This may occur in the following situations:
1. if it’s from a unit not yet opted in, or
2. the unit is opted in, but no support contributor from the unit has been identified.