Uninstalling Norton Antivirus
To install Sophos you must first remove your current anti-virus program. These instructions to uninstall Norton Antivirus for Windows.
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel
- Once in the Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove Programs
- Look for any items referencing either “Norton” or “Symantec” (example: “Norton Antivirus 2003” or “Symantec Script Blocker” or “Symantec Live Update”); click on the item and the select Change/Remove or Add/Remove. Follow the instructions for removing the software.
- After you finish check to make sure that there are no more any “Norton” or “Symantec” references.
- (Optional) Remove the directories used by Norton:
for example: c:\Program Files\Norton Antivirus or c:\Program Files\Symantec etc.
If you still have trouble installing Sophos, check the Symantec website for more information on how to uninstall Norton Antivirus: