Where can I find helpdesks on campus?
There is an array of helpdesks on campus that can help you enhance your curricula, particularly by encompassing technology available for faculty, students, and staff to use. Here’s a list of campus help desks available and ready to assist you.
- Audio Video Services – Audio Visual Services (AVS) provides equipment, training, and technicians for regularly scheduled classes, conferences and events.
- Center for Digital Humanities – CDH Service Desk provides technical support to Humanities faculty, graduate students and staff.
- CLICC – provides assistance with all CLICC services and equipment
- Faculty New Media Center – TEC@OID assists UCLA Faculty in developing instructional multimedia presentations by providing equipment, software and training from experienced consultants.
- Instructional Media Production – Instructional Media Production (IMP) supports all aspects of effective presentation, with a staff of media professionals and a state-of-the art technical facility.
- Instructional Media Lab – The UCLA Instructional Media Lab provides access to course related materials for self-study, group instruction or research.
- Instructional Media Library – The OID Instructional Media Library (IML) is UCLA’s central resource for the collection and maintenance of instructional media.
- Media Systems Maintenance – Media Systems Maintenance repairs, adjusts, and maintains audio visual equipment and media systems for the campus on a recharge basis. Maintenance contracts are also available.
- Media Systems Design – Media Systems Design (MSD) provides consulting, design, fabrication, and installation services to the UCLA community on a recharge basis.
- SEASnet – SEASnet provides computing resource support for the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Social Sciences Computing – Whether you contact us in person, via the phone (x62821), or email (email@example.com), this is where we address all of your questions about access to the network or services available from SSC.
UCLA Help Desk Directory – Anticipated compilation of all the Help Desks / Computing Support groups across the UCLA campus. Groups can voluntarily add themselves to the list along with their proficiencies and specialties.
- In addition to Help Desks, UCLA has a Computer Support Coordinator system with technical staff in departments throughout UCLA.